Wednesday 15 January 2014

Dawn's Inspiration

Well the first week of the diet has gone really well for us all.  I was the biggest loser so
very happy, having said that it just goes to show how much rubbish I must have been eating. 

I had a boost from one of our patients Dawn who sent me this email (I do have her consent to publish this)

“Hi Gloria
Just want to wish you luck with the weight loss.
I know you don't have as much weight to lose but In the words of Max Bygraves 'I wanna tell you a story'.....
 In November last year I was despondent at being seriously obese.  I bought an exercise bike for my 50th birthday but Exercising made me breathless, gave me shin splints and pains in my chest.
Out of desperation I made an appointment with Dr Hubbard who advised me to go swimming at least three times a week and reduce my calories to 1500 a day.
I followed his instructions religiously and by the end of April I had lost sufficient weight to start exercising at the gym - hard work but it continues to pay off.  I am now over 5 stones lighter than when I started 13 months ago and boy can I feel the difference- I can honestly say it has not been difficult -my message to you is it can be done - all it takes is determination”

Thank you so much Dawn.

I have gone back to Dr Hubbard and asked for advice regarding the men… oh yes you don’t escape that easily.  Dr Hubbard said there are about 200 calories in a pint of lager/beer.  If you consider the daily calorie allowance for men this could mean that almost one extra’s days calories could be taken by those men who drink 10 pints a week.  So if you drink, by  reducing alcohol is a good way to start loosing weight.

Another weigh (that should be way) to change what we eat is by reading/watching some of the helpful tips that Change4Life are promoting.  Leaflets are in the surgery. 


Gloria

No comments:

Post a Comment