Tuesday 25 February 2014

Wembley Fever (the right kind of course)

I wonder how quiet our A&E departments will be this weekend.. very I hope.

With 32,000 people with tickets going to Wembley and who knows how many just going for a trip to London I do think this will have an impact.

Then there is the Monday morning feeling...  just to say if you go on the sick you will need to self certify. I’m not saying this will happen but I am preparing you for the answer!

There’s a lot to be said for the feel good factor.  Those niggles that usually gets us down have gone for the time being.  The sore throat and cold (man flu) is soon cured with two paracetamols. 
Take my son for example, “Mam I have the flu”...( strange that your still walking around)  “What should I do”.  My answer take two paracetamols.. and don’t go to the match at the weekend.  I can guarantee there will not be a sniffle in sight. 

When I was little my grandma was the one who taught us how to look after ourselves.  You only ever went to the Doctors if grandma could not make you better.  You would never ever dare go to A&E.  Ambulances only were allowed to go there with very poorly people (or that is what I thought).   Today I’m still not sure why people still go to A&E when it’s not an Accident or an Emergency!  
 
And on that note all I have left to say to those of you travelling to London, stay safe, dont drink and drive. Have a lovely time and take a packet of paracetamols with you ! Oh yes, bring back the cup! 

No comments:

Post a Comment