Sunday 13 October 2013

Dont forget the Travel Insurance...

Ask anyone who knows me and they will tell you when I travel abroad I am know as Mrs First Aid.  Thought I was equipped for most things but ear syringing  is not one of them.  Yes you've guessed it the ears needed syringing.  
Option 1. go to the local doctor who works in the hospital (in Jamaica) and you would have been classed as category 4.  This means you would have to wait until the next day to be seen or maybe the day after....   Option 2 see the Nurse at the hotel who cannot do ear syringing.. or she could but she is not allowed and the Doctor had to be called.  Not only did the Doctor try to syringe the ears but due to the old equipment and plunger managed to soak the clothes.    COST   $271.00 dollars   $170 for Doctor,  $40 ear ears & $21 disposables.  At lease I can claim back from my insurance however it still carries a £50 excess...     There are two good points to this  1. get the ears syringed before you go away and 2 make sure you get insured...  no money no one will treat you !!!

Makes me appreciate our NHS ...

No comments:

Post a Comment